CBD Energy Bites
These little gems are all-natural chocolatey truffles that serve as an INCREDIBLE option whenever you need an energy boost (with a serving of zen 😌) to fuel your fitness and life’s adventures! The recipe below can be adjusted in several different ways so feel free to use your favorite types of nuts or add extras like chocolate chips.
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 jar of @souladdict.co Holy Cacao Hemp Butter
- Place your cashews in the food processor and grind them until they are small pieces. Avoid over-crushing these into a powder. We’re looking for a small crunch from these!
- Add the pitted medjool dates, cacao powder, and coconut oil. Pulse until it forms a relatively uniform dough.
- Continue by adding the peanut butter and the shredded coconut. The coconut may give your dough a more oily consistency but they are actually incredible when gooey, so gauge based on your preference! Mix very well until the dough is homogeneous. This can take anywhere between 1 minute or 3 minutes.
- Once the dough is at your preferred consistency, shape the dough into small bite-sized balls. Cover in an extra layer of cacao powder if you’re into that kinda thing.
- Once the bites are ready, it’s time to melt the container of Souladdict’s Holy Cacao Hemp Butter. Pour hot water into a pot and turn on the low heat. Place your jar into the pot and wait for it to melt. It might take a couple of minutes but don’t turn the heat any higher to avoid burning the chocolate. Once it’s melted it may be too runny to coat the Energy Bites, so wait a couple of minutes for it to cool down so it’s more “pasty”.
- Coat the balls in the cacao hemp butter and place them in the freezer immediately for 5 to 10 minutes. If you have extra chocolate coating leftover, you can double-coat the bites. (See the below note on working with this CBD-rich chocolate!)
Adding the CBD
First things, first. Soul Addict’s Holy Cacao Hemp Butter is straight FIRE. 🔥
It’s this gorgeous chocolate that can be melted, added to smoothies or eaten straight out of the jar. I personally have been going for a ½ spoon of Cacao Hemp Butter + ½ spoon of peanut butter straight to the face. You’re welcome.
In this recipe, we melted an entire jar of Souladdict’s Holy Cacao Hemp Butter but we over-melted the butter and used somewhere between ½-¾ of the container. Since the hemp butter was a bit runny, our energy bites had a very light coating. This recipe made 12 energy bites at approximately a 4 mg dose (a microdose). The heavier the coating, the higher dosage your bites will be, so measure accordingly!
Try these out and let me know what you think!